RACI NSW Industrial Chemistry Group
Technical Webinar Part II: Laboratory Risk Management – through COVID-19 and beyond
The challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic have highlighted the importance of employing a risk-based approach to ensure the continued operation and viability of many organisations. Laboratories can present a unique challenge due to the technical nature of work conducted and the presence of uncommon and sometimes unique risks. This two-part Webinar series focuses on the requirements and challenges facing those responsible for operating a laboratory in several organisational environments - industrial, university and school settings.
Part I of this series was presented on September 8th 2020 by Nigel Davidson, Senior HSE Consultant at Victual Industries, a Sydney-based company that provides risk management and insurance support to the food and beverage industry. A copy of this Webinar is available for viewing by registrants at the RACI National YouTube Channel.
Part II of this series will be presented by a representative from a commercial environmental testing laboratory, a university laboratory and a high school science laboratory. Each speaker will share how risks are managed in their organisation, and how particular challenges (such as COVID-19) have been addressed. This session will conclude with a Q&A with the presenters and Nigel Davidson to answer your risk mitigation questions.
Part I : Nigel Davidson – Senior Consultant, Victual Industries
Part II :
- Giulia Oss PhD – HSE Advisor, School of Chemistry, UNSW
- David Springer – Commercial Manager, Envirolab Services
- Katherine Barbeler – Head Science Teacher, Gosford High School
- Part I :Tuesday 8th September 2020, 5:00 – 6:00 pm
- Part II :Tuesday 22th September 2020, 5:00 – 6:00 pm
COST: $ 20 for registration and $10 for RACI Members
*Part I webinar will be available on our YouTube channel in due course.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Matthew Wilkinson (Chair, NSW Industrial Chemistry Group)
0422 376 957, email@example.com
- RACI members need to log in to register with your username(your email address registered with RACI) & password.
- Non-members are required to create an account (free of charge) first to register.
*Any issues with registrations, please contact Claire Jung
- Registrations for part II webinar close at 12 pm, Tuesday, September and Zoom invitation links will be sent on the same day after registrations are closed.