Our Electrochemistry Division was created to:
- organise meetings/symposia, postgraduate student schools and local workshops
- sponsor awards to recognise achievement in electrochemistry in Australia and internationally
- disseminate information of interest to electrochemists via the RACI website and emailing members in order to provide rapid announcements to the electrochemical community
- develop activities that promote electrochemistry.
The Division has a Chair, Secretary and Treasurer, who are part of the elected committee that also includes representatives for each state and New Zealand. Academic, industry and government members lead innovative research programs in key areas of electrochemical science spanning energy, environment and health sectors.
The EDRACI strives to build an inclusive culture that respects, supports and celebrates the unique backgrounds and achievements of all our members.
Our Electrochemistry Division is very active in holding regular events. Highlights include:
A biennial conference, “Australasian Electrochemistry Symposium (AES)” which is the premier electrochemistry conference in Australia and New Zealand. Academic research and innovations in the commercial sector are presented.
- A biennial "ISE Student Symposium on Electrochemistry" run in conjunction with the AES, where postgraduate students and early career chemists showcase their work, gain experience from scientific presentations and network with their peers.
We present a range of awards to recognise the contribution of our members. Highlights include:
Bruno Breyer Medal
R.H. Stokes Medal
Alan Bond Medal