Chemical Education Division

View Only
  • 1.  RACI CED 2024 Symposium

Posted 24 days ago

Hullo everyone!

I'll post something to formally introduce myself shortly (it's been a bit of a busy time since the launching of the new communities), but a quick note as a reminder that the abstract submission will be closing shortly (final extension to 9th June) with registrations closing 17th June. Full information can be found HERE.

Additionally, we have revised and now opened our Divisional awards! We offer a Citation and Medal to recognise community members who have significantly impacted chemistry education within Australia (accessible for a variety of levels of experience and scope of impact) and are RACI members. Please check out the revised guidelines HERE - applications are now open with a closing date of first Monday after July 31st

Cheers,
    Reyne (Chair of the Chemistry Education Division)

------------------------------
    Reyne Pullen

• 2.  RE: RACI CED 2024 Symposium

Posted 24 days ago

Well this really IS exciting! The ever-present, effervescent Dr Reyne Pullen kicking off our community's Chem Ed Div chat. Can I just extend a big thank you to Reyne, the Chem Ed Div, and the State-based Groups for your work advocating for education and outreach over the past few years. The COVID and post-COVID years have been extremely challenging for educators at all levels of education, yet you have kept the show afloat! I can't make it to the symposium this year, but hope to see you / meet you all soon.

Chris T

Prof Chris Thompson
    Director of Education, BDI, Monash University