Our Carbon Division was created to:
- provide a unique interaction platform for professionals from industry, academia and public funded research organisations who are interested in carbon related science and engineering
- disseminate the latest research and applications of carbon
- provide a space for the professional development of carbon scientists
- encourage students to embark on a career in carbon related academic research or industries.
Our broad areas cover:
- materials design, modelling, product development, and structural and functional applications of carbon materials composed primarily of elemental carbon
- formation, structure, properties, behaviour, and technological applications of carbon
- synthetic or natural carbon materials and products such as graphene, graphite, carbon fibre, carbon nanotubes, and carbon foams
- hybrid materials including dispersions, coatings, fibres and composites
- application areas including sectors such as energy, coatings, aerospace, automotive, defence, electronics, sports, and construction.
Our Carbon Division is very active in holding regular events. Highlights include:
A national conference (CIC) every 18-24 months where the latest academic research and commercial sector innovations are presented.
- Lectures presented by eminent carbon experts in several locations.
- Several state-based, one-day student and ECR symposia held annually.
We present a range of awards to recognise the contribution of our members. Highlights include: