The Division’s mission is to:
- provide opportunities to Division members to network at national and international levels
- enable Division members to showcase their latest research results and achievements
- offer professional development opportunities to its members
- promote career paths in physical chemistry to students
- recognise the achievements of students, early career and leading researchers in physical chemistry.
The Division spans all aspects of physical, computational and theoretical chemistry.
Our Physical Division is very active in holding regular events. Highlights include:
We hold regular divisional meetings and student conferences to promote the research and teaching of physical chemistry. These events enable our members to strengthen existing networks and develop new opportunities.
- Physical Chemistry Division Conference - The main focus of this meeting is to give students the opportunity to present their work, practice their presentation skills, and network with peers in the physical chemistry community. Conference themes include spectroscopy, computational chemistry, and the physical chemistry of solutions, surfaces, and interfaces. All levels, from undergraduate to PhD, are encouraged to attend. Academics and postdocs are welcome too!
The PhysChem division hosts regular webinars, with links and details to Division members by email.
- Go to https://www.raci.org.au/
- Top right corner, click "Login" to your account (follow instructions on page)
- Top right corner, go to "My Account"
- Right blue box, select "My Preferences"
- Select "Division - Physical", then "Save" button, to subscribe to Physical Chemistry communications including newsletters and webinar reminders.
Click here to download our September 2021 Newsletter
Click here to download our April 2021 Newsletter
Click here to download our August 2020 Newsletter
Click here to download our August 2019 Newsletter