The Division’s mission is to:
- provide opportunities to Division members to network at national and international levels
- enable Division members to showcase their latest research results and achievements
- offer professional development opportunities to its members
- promote career paths in physical chemistry to students
- recognise the achievements of students, early career and leading researchers in physical chemistry.
Our Physical Division is very active in holding regular events. Highlights include:
We hold regular divisional meetings and student conferences to promote the research and teaching of physical chemistry. These events enable our members to strengthen existing networks and develop new opportunities.
- Physical Chemistry Division Conference - The main focus of this meeting is to give students the opportunity to present their work, practice their presentation skills, and network with peers in the physical chemistry community. Conference themes include spectroscopy, computational chemistry, and the physical chemistry of solutions, surfaces, and interfaces. All levels, from undergraduate to PhD, are encouraged to attend. Academics and postdocs are welcome too!
The PhysChem Division hosts regular webinars, with links and details to Division members by email.
- Go to https://www.raci.org.au/
- Top right corner, click "Login" to your account (follow instructions on page)
- Top right corner, go to "My Account"
- Right blue box, select "My Preferences"
- Select "Division - Physical", then "Save" button, to subscribe to Physical Chemistry communications including newsletters and webinar reminders.
DAY: Wednesdays (dates below)
TIME: 12:00noon AEDT to 1:00pm AEDT
VIA ZOOM LINK: https://unimelb.zoom.us/j/85813477461?pwd=U2RzNU1scmlpaWtNa3pzMXNpeUY4UT09
Calendar Invite (Webinar Series - March to May): iCal
8th March Dr Laura McKemmish (UNSW)
Dr Philip Jiale Feng (UNSW)
22nd March Prof. David Winkler (Monash)
Oisin Shiels (UoW)
5th April Dr Quentin Meyer (UNSW)
Dr Kimberley Callaghan (UniMelb)
19th April Dr Cameron Bentley (Monash)
Ashakiran Maibam (RMIT)
3rd May Dr James Hutchison - Bioinspired Photonics
Jialu Li - Nanodrum Resonators
10th May Prof. Sarah Masters - Borane and bisborane adducts of unsaturated
rings as potential chemical hydrogen storage systems.
Dr Alexander Corletto - Impact of Electrostatics on Dispersion Forces in van der Waals Crystals
31st May Prof. Michelle Coote - The radical character of quinone dimethides
Nicholas Stapleton – Modelling Titan-relevant Molecular Minerals
Click here to download our March 2023 Newsletter
Click here to download our December 2021 Newsletter
Click here to download our September 2021 Newsletter