Queensland Annual Chemistry Symposium (QACS) 2023
Queensland University of Technology, Gardens Point Campus
Abstract submissions are opening soon. Template will be uploaded by late May.
The eighth Queensland Annual Chemistry Symposium (QACS 2023) will highlight the range and diversity of chemistry research in whole Queensland. This one-day symposium will incorporate oral presentations in discipline-based sessions during the day, followed by a digital poster session and a social gathering to stimulate further networking opportunities. All Queensland chemistry researchers are invited to participate at the symposium. Abstracts for oral presentations and posters are encouraged from all disciplines including (but not limited to) Organic, Inorganic, Polymer, Materials, Physical, Analytical, Biological, Medicinal, Environmental Chemistry and Chemical Engineering and Education.
QACS is taking place on Friday 24 November 2023 at QUT Gardens Point Campus, Brisbane.
Confirmed plenary speakers:
- Prof Megan O'Mara (The University of Queensland)
- Dr Robert Chapman (The University of Newcastle)
Groups can be registered by emailing the attendee details (name, email, status e.g. postgraduate student, dietary requirements) to the QLD Regional Coordinator. A single invoice will then be issued for payment.
Live in person attendance (prices to be confirmed once registration opens in late May 2023):
RACI Member - Undergraduate: $TBC
Non-Member - Undergraduate: $TBC
RACI Member - Postgraduate: $TBC
Non-Member - Postgraduate: $TBC
RACI Member - Other: $TBC
Non-Member - Other: $TBC
Note: there are strict room capacity limits to ensure a COVID Safe event. It might not be possible for registrants to access the session of their choice if capacity is reached before they try to enter the room.
* It will be cheaper for students to sign up for membership and buy a ticket than to pay the non-member price. Plus you get all of the benefits of being a member. Sign up here.
** It will be only a few dollars more for postgraduate students to sign up for membership and buy a ticket than to pay the non-member price. Plus you get all of the benefits of being a member. Sign up here.
- The formal day is expected to start at around 8am and close at around 5pm.
- The formal day will be followed by a Social event organised by the Queensland Early Career Chemists Group. All face to face attendees are welcome.
- Parking is limited and travelling by public transport is recommended.
- The final agenda will be determined by the number of abstracts received and will be circulated closer to the event.
All those who wish to have their abstract considered need to have registered for the event before the abstract closing date which is TBA for 2023.
The abstract template, which includes details of how and where to submit abstracts, will be available here in mid May.
Abstract submissions open: Mid May 2023
QACS welcomes abstract submissions from students, junior and emerging researchers for oral presentations of 5 min or 15 min and poster displays.