Queensland Annual Chemistry Symposium (QACS) 2023
Queensland University of Technology, Gardens Point Campus
Registration is now closed.
The eighth Queensland Annual Chemistry Symposium (QACS 2023) will highlight the range and diversity of chemistry research in whole Queensland. This one-day symposium will incorporate oral presentations in discipline-based sessions during the day, followed by a digital poster session and a social gathering to stimulate further networking opportunities. All Queensland chemistry researchers are invited to participate at the symposium. Abstracts for oral presentations and posters are encouraged from all disciplines including (but not limited to) Organic, Inorganic, Polymer, Materials, Physical, Analytical, Biological, Medicinal, Environmental Chemistry and Chemical Engineering and Education.
QACS is taking place on Friday 24 November 2023 at QUT Gardens Point Campus, Brisbane.
Confirmed plenary speakers:
- Prof Megan O'Mara (The University of Queensland)
- Dr Robert Chapman (The University of Newcastle)
- Prof Lara Malins (Australian National University)
Groups that have registered by emailing the attendee details (name, email, status e.g. postgraduate student, dietary requirements) to the QLD Regional Coordinator will be sent a single invoice for payment.
Live in person attendance:
RACI Member - Undergraduate: $15.00
Non-Member - Undergraduate: $45.00
RACI Member - Postgraduate: $30.00
Non-Member - Postgraduate: $60.00
RACI Member - Other: $60.00
Non-Member - Other: $100.00
Note: there are strict room capacity limits to ensure a COVID Safe event. It might not be possible for registrants to access the session of their choice if capacity is reached before they try to enter the room.
* It will be cheaper for students to sign up for membership and buy a ticket than to pay the non-member price. Plus you get all of the benefits of being a member. Sign up here.
** It will be only a few dollars more for many students to sign up for membership and buy a ticket than to pay the non-member price. Plus you get all of the benefits of being a member. Sign up here.
- The formal day is expected to start at around 8am and close at around 5pm.
- The formal day will be followed by a Social event organised by the Queensland Early Career Chemists Group. All face to face attendees are welcome.
- Parking is limited and travelling by public transport is recommended.
- The final agenda will be determined by the number of abstracts received and will be circulated closer to the event.
Abstract submission is closed.